While Surfing, Most Surfers Are Thinking About Sharks [Infographic]

The November 2010 issue of Surfer Magazine published “semi-scientific results of what nearly 2,000 surfers think about life, themselves, and how we ride waves…” The survey produced some interesting data, but in my opinion it could have been vizualied better. As a NorCal surfer, one of my favorite results from the survey showed that 34% of surfers never think about sharks while surfing. I tried to display this data a bit more visually in the below infographic.

About these ads

2 Responses to “While Surfing, Most Surfers Are Thinking About Sharks [Infographic]”


  1. 1 mike molaro October 28, 2010 at 11:16 am

    come on now.
    that’s a bit crooked. 34% never think about sharks. but that doesnt mean the exact opposite is true. The other 66% arent ALWAYS thinking about sharks.

    however,
    the few times i’ve surfed i was thinking about sharks.
    i was also thinking about sharks the entire day before and after.

    =)

    • 2 dmadey October 28, 2010 at 11:36 am

      Correct, and that’s why the graphic doesn’t say they are “always” thinking of sharks. I think the other percentages of answers included “often” and “always”. So technically it’s a correct percentage to say they are thinking about sharks.


Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 111 other followers

%d bloggers like this: